Monday, May 18, 2015

The Shawshank Redemption




"Andy Dufresne- who crawled through a river of sh*t and came out clean on the other side."

The Shawshank Redemption.  A timeless classic.  It may be a bold claim to say that this is on everyone's top movie list- but I can say safely that it is on a large majorities.  I loved this movie.  Everything about this movie.  From beginning to end.  I have absolutely not a single negative thing to say about it.  This movie taught me valuable life lessons because to me this film is a film about patience and loyalty.  I loved that this movie was narrated through Red's point of view.  In part because, like many others, I have an odd obsession with Morgan Freeman's voice, but also because I loved seeing what the character of Andy Dufresne was like through his eyes from the start of the story to the end.  This movie hit absolutely every emotion in my body.  It gave me hope, but not exactly a hope you feel good about, almost a false sense of hope.  It gave me sadness, sadness over the unfair and harsh realities of the world.  It gave me happiness, a happiness that you feel when you accomplish something you've been working hard at- or when you finally get to hug someone you've been thinking about endlessly after a while of not seeing them.  But above all, this movie made me feel good.  Now, when I listen to the soundtrack all those emotions, that were experienced throughout the course of a three hour long film, rush to the very surface of my body, and I feel like this is the only movie that has been able to accomplish that for me.  I've seen this movie once before, but broken up into parts.  Finally watching it from beginning to end was definitely a different experience and had a different impact on me.  I've already ordered the hard copy of this film (sorry dad) and am very excited to pass it around to my friends and family until everyone that I associate with can successfully say they have experienced the film The Shawshank Redemption.

No comments:

Post a Comment