Wednesday, April 22, 2015

 PART ONE:

The Lone Survivor, was a film that got amazing reviews.  I can see why this film got amazing reviews and got many awards but I personally did not enjoy it.  I am a very picky person ,especially with movies, and I just didn't happen to like this movie.  I will admit that it was a good movie- but I personally didn't like it (which probably doesn't make sense).  Basically, I believe that the acting was pretty good, the way the movie was filmed and edited was good, and the screenplay was good.  However, that being said I still wasn't very entertained while watching it and it is certainly not a movie I would watch again.  I think Mark Wahlberg is very talented but this movie just didn't do it for me.  Plus, his character tried to take the kid at the end which just didn't make sense to me at all.  It's a child not a dog you can't just point and be like "it's coming with me."

PART TWO:

When it comes to our nation's military, I think the greatest pitfall of not portraying it accurately is that hollywood disrespectfully takes a story that has so much meaning and strength and just works around it to make money.  I believe that this is disrespectful because people were fighting for their lives and while it is a very good thing that hollywood is telling these stories, it is still wrong that the main goal is money.  I think it is highly insensitive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment