Thursday, March 26, 2015

Parkland



 PART ONE:

Parkland- a look back at one of the most chaotic events in American history.  This film centers around what happened in Parkland hospital briefly after the assassination of probably the most important man in the world. Quite possibly one of the most infamous moments in history- one that anyone who was alive at the time will be able to tell you exactly where they were when they received the news of this catastrophe.  Personally, I really enjoyed this film.  It caught my attention and kept it.  This film is a recreation of a historical event and often time those films can be quite boring.  Normally, it just feels as though you are sitting through a history class when watching films that fall into that genre.  However- and probably due to the fact that the real life story was so chaotic and dramatic- this film was extremely entertaining to watch.  I loved the attention to detail and how this films main focus was to make it as historically accurate as possible.  This film- and I say this in complete seriousness- kept my heart racing.  I think that that was mostly because I was thinking in my head the entire time that this was actually something that happened.  There was a time in America where this was happening.  It really frightens me that someone could kill a president.  I like that this film gave you the "behind the scenes" glimpse into what was happening during one of America's saddest days.  It was interesting to see how the government reacts to such a shock.  This movie brought a sense of shock to my body.  I obviously always knew that President Kennedy was assassinated- but I never really thought much of it until I watched this film.  I also feel as though this film brought be a sense of patriotism.  I'm extremely lucky to be living in America and I hope nothing like this will ever happen again.  

PART TWO:

For this interview I interviewed my math tutor.  He was a kid in school when this happened.  He says he doesn't remember much but he says that he knows his mother picked him up from school and that he could feel that she was extremely upset.  He says that she was crying and that when his father came home they had a moment of silence.  He says that this event had a major impact on everyone for a while and that it was the first time he saw his mother cry.  


No comments:

Post a Comment